The cases of coronavirus infection are increasing. To overcome this danger, the lockdown has been implemented in many countries including India. It takes two to three weeks to show signs of getting infected with this virus.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) is a devil for the world.
The infection of the coronavirus is spread by its patients. The infection can also be spread from objects and surfaces exposed to this virus. In such a situation, there is often a fear that the virus may not come home from the food items brought from outside.
In such a situation, today we will tell you about some things related to fruits and vegetables, which is very important to keep in mind.
1Do not use a home bag
According to the Luma Linda University of California, reusable carry bags have a higher risk of infection because the virus lives longer. In such a situation, it is better that you take a bag or plastic from the shop and throw it away as soon as you get home.
2Avoid using chemicals
Many people wash vegetables using chemicals such as chlorine, disinfectant, alcohol to remove the suspicion of the virus. In addition, some people wash vegetables with soap or detergent water. This should be avoided.
These things can be fatal to your health and can take the form of serious illness. It would be better if you add salt in hot water and wash it.
3Before washing produce, wash your hands
The importance of washing hands to prevent the spread of Covid-19 cannot be emphasized enough. Even when you are going to rinse vegetables, you must ensure that your hands are clean. Wash them for at least 20 seconds prior to cleaning fruit and vegetable produce. It is a good idea to wash them afterward too, as suggested by the FDA.
You must read this: Ten Healthy Meal Plan Ideas You Need To Try
4Do cleaning like this
- Water is sufficient to clean vegetables and fruits. But during cleaning, you should take special care of some things.
- Vegetables and fruits should be washed before cutting. Washing it after cutting reduces nutritional value.
- While cleaning root vegetables like potatoes or carrots, a vegetable brush or sponge should be used to ensure all dirt is removed. “Use a clean vegetable brush to scrub firm produce such as melons and cucumbers”.
- Always wash vegetables and fruits one by one by filling them with water in a big pot. In addition, while running, wash one by one under the tap and wash.
- If you are short of water or want to wash fruits and vegetables in very little water, an easy way is to take water in a large bowl and add a teaspoon of salt to it. Now dip fruits and vegetables in it and clean it well.
- The fruits, which are to be used after removing the peel, should also be peeled or cut only after washing them thoroughly with peels in water.
Some other tips for women: Simple Health Tips That Every Woman Must Know
5Take care of these kitchen tips during Coronavirus
- If you have brought a packet of milk from outside, wash it thoroughly with water.
- Avoid tearing any pouch or packet with teeth.
- Always cook the meat well on high heat and eat it.
- Always keep cooked foods separate and raw foods separate in the fridge.
- These days, avoid eating things including peels or cook them only.