Everything is getting electronic, so is the process of tendering. Gone are the days when people go through the manual hassles for seeking suppliers and service providers to fulfil their needs of material supplies and services. These days, companies have to deal with numerous tender needs by various customers. But it would be an inevitably long and tiresome process to manually handle all of this. Hence, the public and private sector companies have developed e-system to handle the whole of the tendering process.
The advertisement of the electrical contracts to tender is also generated on the internet, which was earlier published in newspaper and magazines. There are certain rules and criteria to abide by, in case of purchasing a tender.
- The unique code- A unique code is provided by the customer company as a reference. These references help to keep tracks on all the bids made by the companies and enables the processing of these bids at a later date. Various companies have developed computerized systems to generate these codes or references. Each company has a distinct series of codes, which why they are known as unique codes.
- The processing charge- This is the amount of money that is required to generate all the processes included in the electrical contracts to tender. The buyer company, often sets the processing fees high so as to restrict the number of bids to only authentic suppliers.
- Scheduling- Proper dates are assigned by the buyer company, which is included in the details that are provided by them on their e-tender site. The validity of a tender lasts from the date of commencement to the due date.
- Details of the buyer- The buyer company specifies all the details regarding the electrical contracts to tender-the standards of supplies, the technicalities involved, the duration of the tender, the kind of contract, the documents that are to be specified by the bids and so on. It gives a fair idea to the suppliers about the nature of tender and the requirements that are to be fulfilled in the process.
- Details of the supplier- The details of the supplier include the details of their supplies, nature and quality of the supplies, their excellency of customer service, their previous projects and their approach of the current project. These details are attached to the bidding application and are commonly referred to as ‘attachments’.
- Application of the suppliers- The bidders are to apply for the tender processing on the website of the customer company. There are ample amount of information present on the site to guide the bidder to successful completion of the application.
- Terms and conditions- Along with all the other details of the tender, the terms and conditions regarding the electrical contracts to tender is provided on the website of the company. No advances should be made by the bidder unless the terms and conditions are read.
Once all these procedures are followed and the bidders’ application is received by the customer company, they select among all the bidders, the best bidder application. After the selection of a suitable bidder, the company then takes up the subsequent necessary processes involved.