You would want to put on weight for various reasons like you are skinny and want to build up the mass and muscle in your body, you want to look bigger than you are, you want to have those six packs, and whatnot. The whole process is as painstaking and scientific as losing weight. You should know that nothing is easy. If you want to gain weight the easy way, you will spend money more than necessary; you spoil your health and get other health-related problems. Build your weight and muscle as naturally as possible. Join the gym, or make a small gym at home itself by buying weight lifting material at home. Lifting weights are one of the important activity of muscle building activity. Along with your exercise, you need to make sure about the number of calories, carbohydrates and proteins you take in.
Once you decide on your building body process, higher intake of protein is the first step in your plan. Protein is a very important part of the muscle strength and building your muscles. You need to maintain the number of proteins that need to be taken by you because our body uses protein for various other reasons, that the protein might not be enough for our body to build muscles and gain weight.
Best ways to increase protein in your diet
food: If you eat nonvegetarian food, then fish and chicken are the best sources of protein. Oily fishes like sardines and salmon; red meat, chicken, etc. have large protein content in them. These are every weight gainers’ favorite food. If you do not eat non-vegetarian food, there are other protein-rich foods like milk-based products like yogurt, paneer, grains like chickpeas, chia seeds, etc. Soy is also a protein-rich food; you could include soy milk in your diet. Then other soy products like tofu, tempeh, and edamame in your food will increase the protein content. Most types of beans are rich in protein, like chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans.
Protein shakes: Make your own weight gain shakes -shakes with proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and the blending liquids. A protein shake consists of a rich protein source food, flavor, and the blending liquid. The protein source food include, the protein supplement powders like whey powder, bear, golden standard whey, serious mass powders also help in building mass, xtend bcaa helps in restoring your muscles. Including these in your shake will make your protein shake effective. Combining the shake with other carbs and fats like fruits, honey, nuts butter adds flavor to your shake and last but not the least, the liquid in which you want to blend your shake. It could be milk, almond milk, soy milk, cream, coconut milk, etc.
The protein-rich diet including food, shakes, supplements, backed up with necessary exercise routine and properly planned diet timing is surely going to give you good results.
It is said that having a balanced diet along with moderate workout is essential to attain body goals. Of all the nutrients, protein is one of the most essential nutrients, especially in making or building muscles.
Often, people consume whey protein in order to as a supplement to enhance this process. Whey protein is a mixture of proteins. Whey is found in the water part of milk. After the whey is separated during the cheese making process, the whey goes through a lot of processing in order to form the actual protein powder that is consumed by many. Whey protein is available in a lot of flavors, for example, chocolate flavor, vanilla flavored, strawberry flavored and so on. While choosing the right whey protein supplement powder, it is important to go through the ingredients because some products may be really high on sugar content, which renders it useless or unhealthy. The protein content in whey or protein whey powders are of really good and high quality (also depends on the brand) and include amino acids such as leucine and cysteine. Whey protein supplements like gold standard whey protein, optimum nutrition, muscleblaze, Russian bear and so on are useful in increasing muscle mass and also strength. It does so by building blocks (for increasing muscle growth), increased absorption compared to other forms of protein and some of it also has some effects on the hormones. It helps in boosting the metabolism and reduces appetite to a certain extent.
Some of the famous brands of whey protein supplements are as follows:
- AS-IT-IS Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate – this is unflavoured and considered the best as it is gluten-free and sugar-free. So it enhances the nutrients to the maximum compared to other products.
- Optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein- it has whey protein micro fraction from something called whey protein isolate which is ultrafiltered.
- Muscleblaze beginner’s whey protein: as the name suggests, it is good for beginners and quite popular in the Indian market.
- Russian bear: this product is popular and known as one of the best-powdered weight gainers.
- Raw whey protein: thirty grams of this product contains 24 grams of protein, which means that there is an eighty percentage of proteins content per gram of the supplement.
Even though there are benefits of consuming whey protein supplements, there can be side effects as well. Some of the common side effects of consuming whey protein supplements are as follows:
- Digestion related issues: consuming too much of whey protein supplements can cause issues with digestion, sometimes constipation as well.
- Allergy: allergic reactions can be seen fone is intolerant towards any of the ingredients present in the product.
- Nutritional deficiencies: if one concentrates just on proteins, then one may lose out on other nutrients which may lead to deficiencies.
- Damage to internal organs: too much of consumption, beyond the given portion can cause damage to the liver and kidney.