The holiday season is special for both online buyers and retailers.
Rainy discounts draw customers to their favorite brands while retailers struggle to stay afloat in the ocean of competition. PPC marketing could prove to be your life jacket if you are one of those online business owners.
That being said, success doesn’t come easy with PPC marketing. The holiday season makes it all the more difficult for PPC agency. With the ever-increasing CPCs, you might lose thousands of dollars easily.
However, PPC isn’t that dangerous. In fact, it’s one of the best things to capitalize on during any holiday season. Here’s why –
- Ad impressions typically increase by 50% and direct traffic scales high by 150% during holidays.
- Conversion rates can be boosted by 60% as people are eager to shop online during the holidays.
- 92% of shoppers tend to buy or at least research online during the holidays.
The higher number of clicks and stronger buyer intent around the holiday season increases PPC spending heavily.
On the other hand, PPC listings face more competition during this time. You will come across a higher CPC (Cost Per Click) and will have to bid accordingly. This also means that you will have to optimize your ads smartly.
This blog will discuss three key factors you should focus on while creating and editing ad copies. They are:
- Incorporating Seasonal Promotions and Special Offers
- Using Holiday Messaging and Language in Ads
- Optimizing Ads for Clicks
You will also find some good tips on how to model your own text ads.
Incorporating Seasonal Promotions and Special Offers
What entices holiday shoppers more than anything else?
As a retailer, you should already know the answer.
Creating new text ads that have a flavor of specific, seasonal promotions and special offers is very important. Such ads consistently perform well and also differentiate you from the competitors.
You should be as specific as possible when incorporating your promotional offers, and make sure it is very clear to the searcher. It should give them a reason to act on your ad and thus bring traffic to the landing pages.
Now, depending on your business niche, you can offer different types of promotions depending on your consumer category:
- E-Commerce: Include coupon codes in the ad text, pre-prepared gift sets, free gift box, guaranteed delivery date, free shipping, etc.
- Consumer Services: Provide last-minute offers for forgetful shoppers. Year-end deals and extended offers also work well.
- Business-to-Business (B2B): In this case, you can give away year-end deals, new fiscal year offers, and extended promotions beyond the holiday season.
In addition to these things, here’s a quick list of common offers that grab eyeballs for a good reason during the holidays:
- %-Off Offers Included
- Guaranteed Delivery Date
- Pre-Wrapped Gift Sets
- Add Custom Gift Message
- Guaranteed In-Stock
1Using Holiday Messaging and Language in Ads
Start experimenting with your creativity when creating text ads. Use language and messaging inclined towards holiday shoppers/searches. Unique, targeted holiday ad text will make your ads stand out from the crowd of generic text ads. Inventive, playful and positive ad text always clicks with the audience.
Never be scared to show your creativity. Just adhere to Google’s text ad policy guidelines and your ads will be safe.
Depending on your consumer focus, you should modify your ad text messaging. You can consider the following ideas if your target group falls into any of these three business categories:
- E-Commerce: Talk about the festive spirit, the ability to avoid going to crowded stores by shopping online, guaranteed in-stock messaging, etc.
- Consumer Services: Bring holiday specials into the limelight through your ads.
- Business-to-Business (B2B): Highlight time-sensitivity, year-end deals and show urgency in your ad copies.
2Optimizing Ads for Clicks
By far, this is the most important thing to do. Ads that are not optimized won’t do any good, in spite of all the efforts you put in creating them.
Let’s explore the optimization process in a step-by-step manner:
- Relevant Keyword/Dynamic Keyword Insertion: Use a clear, relevant keyword in the headline. You can also think of using a dynamic keyword insertion to produce a more targeted ad.
- Social Media Integration: Link your text ads to your company’s Google+ profile. This improves your ad’s relevancy in the search engine’s eyes and also allows the use of review extensions.
- Location Extensions: Enable these extensions if you have a brick-and-mortar store and want to drive foot traffic to it.
- Sitelink Extensions: Enable site link extensions for your ads whenever possible. Also, try to develop seasonal landing pages that portray the theme of your original ad.
- Call Extensions: These extensions ensure that interested customers can get in touch with you directly.
3A Final Word
Optimizing PPC ads for the holiday season is not as tough as it sounds. Having a dedicated marketing team by your side always helps. You will get to know hidden tips and tricks that can be used in the next holiday season. Even if you stick to the strategies mentioned in this blog, you can go a long way. Good luck!