One of the must-haves in any woman’s closet is a diamond set. While gold and silver reign supreme, diamonds too play a special role when you are going out, be it a casual day out with friends or a formal event. The elegance and shine combination of these beauties satisfies the heart of both the bling lover and the understated dresser. But, buying a diamond often isn’t that pocket-friendly as the best will be costly yet the aura it brings along does justify that cost. So, it is essential that you put in a lot of thought when you are buying diamond pieces, especially necklaces.
How to buy the best diamond necklace design
Diamonds are beautiful and have a certain purity to them which can be attributed to the way the cut makes the light reflect but before you invest in diamond necklace designs you need to be sure of what you are putting your money on. There are 4 Cs when it comes to buying a diamond. The Carat, Cut, Color, and Clarity should be followed when you are buying diamonds as it is easy to be fooled with Artificial Diamonds and always check for the grading and the hallmark symbols as they too are a warrant of purity and quality. Another aspect you need to keep in mind is the number of stones that your necklace will have will also affect the price.
Since diamonds suits everyone, it does not mean that the same design will fit everything, so you need to choose the best design that goes with almost everything. Here are a few tips:
- When it comes to designs, one is often confused between pendants or chains. While both have their own charm, you cannot simply substitute one with others. Diamond necklaces are not like your gold necklace with stones and gold necklace designs in 20 grams with price you cannot simply have just one diamond pendant hanging from the chain since the color of gold will definitely draw more attention than the diamond itself. It is best to have the pendant form with silver or platinum chains.
- Diamond stands, like pearls, are classy and bright and is ideal for the semi-formal events and can be teamed with a plunging neckline or a turtleneck dress as the shine of the diamonds will make sure that the jewelry shines no matter what.
- Talking of chains, it is best to have a cluster of diamonds strung together when you want to team gold and diamond. This way you can have the brightness of gold and the shine of diamonds complimenting each other.
- Solitaire is a must have for every occasion. You can never go wrong with one and it can be worn as a daily piece of jewelry or flaunted during special occasions. While a pendant may have other stones along with the diamond, a solitaire’s highlight is just the stone itself hanging from the chain and this simplicity suits everyone.
- While purchasing diamonds necklaces, you need to be sure of the length and the cut that you want to buy. Whether you want to buy a long one for casual days or shorter ones for formal wears, you can even opt for the rope chain that can be worn in a layered form with a diamond pendant at the center.
Investing in diamonds is a one-way trip because unlike gold, you cannot sell the diamond to the retailer at the same price in which you have purchased it. So, when you are planning to buy a diamond set, make sure that it is the one you want and can team it up with almost everything in your wardrobe.